BCBGMAXAZRIA Leverages Pinterest For $5,000 Bridal Giveaway
Every year in the US, there are approximately 2.5 million weddings. The wedding industry has grown to an empire of 40 billion dollars per year.
- In the US, the average wedding dress costs $1,075.
- A couple will spend up to $4,411 for the engagement ring and $2,067 for his and hers wedding bands.
- On average, US couples spend $25,631 to $29,000 for their wedding. The majority of couples, however, spend between $19,223 and $32,039.
Let’s face it: brides are big business, especially for fashion, apparel and accessories.
BCBGMAXAZRIA targets brides on Pinterest
On Monday, one of Los Angeles’ most iconic brands, BCBGMAXAZRIA launched a “I Do” BCBGMAXAZRIA Pinterest contest to celebrate the BCBGMAXAZRIA Bridal Boutique and bridal offerings. The winner will receive a $5,000 cash prize to put toward a dream wedding and a BCBGMAXAZRIA bridal gown of her choice.
Now, we all know just how much a woman–or man–may drop on their big day, just look at those numbers above! So taking a chunk of that budget could get bride to be that cake or ring you had she had her heart set on but could not get because the dress came first. That dilemma is now being answered. Go BCBG!
How Contestants Can Participate
- Contestants will be asked to create an “ I Do” BCBGMAXAZRIA board on Pinterest and categorize it under “Women’s Apparel” and “Wedding & Events.”
- The board should include three images from BCBG.com that contestants would wish to wear, as well as other images to plan their dream wedding.
- To register, contestants will be asked to email the following information to email@example.com: name, wedding date, wedding budget, wedding location, wedding theme and a link to their Pinterest board.
- The contest will run from April 2 to April 13, 2012. Lubov Azria, creative director of BCBGMAXAZRIAGROUP, will select the winner. On Friday, April 20, 2012, the winner will be announced via Facebook.