The Fashion Blogger’s Toolkit
There are approximately 450 million active blogs on the internet right now. Think about that for a moment. That’s a lot of blogs. It means that in addition to creating killer content, as a blogger you must find ways to stand out from the crowd. Don’t worry your pretty face, the editors of FMM are here to help.
Independent Fashion Bloggers compiled a fantastic list of 50 online tools for bloggers. We’re showcasing our top 30 picks here:
- Problogger: Great outlet for content inspiration and tangible blogging advice.
- Google Analytics: Learn more about your site traffic with this free online analytics tool.
- Pixlr.com: Don’t have Photoshop? This photo editing software may do the trick.
- Copyblogger: One-stop shop that offers tutorials on content marketing, SEO, email marketing and keyword search.
- Tweepi.com: Manage your Twitter following by gaining quality followers and deleting spam.
- Pinterest: Gather inspiration, promote your visual graphics and share content ideas.
- Pugly Pixel: Graphic design blog that offers tips and inspiration for better graphics.
- Associated Press Stylebook: News and media guideline for writing and reporting including abbreviations and grammar guidelines.
- Instagram: Social photo-sharing application that links to your Facebook and Twitter
- LinkedIn: Get job tips, newsworthy articles and stalk your favorite brands and companies for potential marketing opps.
- Google +: Social media program that allows you to share your posts and create various communities through the Google + Circles
- Bloglovin’: Follow your favorite blogs and share your posts in this easy-to-read and mobile browser.
- Her New Leaf’s “Primp My Blog” page: Tips on how to add plugins to your blog and advice on designing your blog better.
- Mashable: The ultimate news source for all things technology and social media.
- PSFK: Technology’s destination for creative business, design and fashion topics and hot issues.
- RewardStyle: Affiliate network that helps bloggers monetize their site.
- Fashion Traffic: Another outlet for fashion bloggers interested in joining an affiliate marketing network.
- Lyst: Social sharing shopping site that allows you to curate your own collection and share designer finds with your readers.
- CurrentlyObsessed.me: Discover the hottest fashion finds from your top-tier bloggers.
- Fashionably Marketing.Me: Get updates on what’s going on in the fashion digital marketing space.
- Webstagram: If you’re iPhone-less, you can browse Instagram accounts easily through this site.
- Hootsuite: A great tool to manage mutiple Twitter, Facebook and social media accounts in one place.
- StumbleUpon: Use this to promote and share your posts and find new sites and inspiration.
- Shortstack: Custom designer Facebook pages, for free.
- Offerpop: Create contests and launch promotional campaigns with this Twitter/Facebook marketing tool.
- North Social: Create interactive tabs (video, welcome, photo gallery) with this easy Facebook customization program.
- Etsy: Promote small business owners, find cool things and sell your stuff on this great DIY shopping site.
- TweetReach: Analyze your Twitter account, get total impressions and more with this impressive Twitter management dashboard.
- MailChimp: Set up a custom newsletter for your blog.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: How could we ignore our friends at IFB? We love this site.
If you use even a fraction of these tools, you will develop your blog into a quality online publication that readers can’t ignore. Bloggers, you’re welcome. If you’d like additional resources, read the complete article on IFB. Want more on bloggers and brands or blogger resources, we have that on FMM.
Have you used any of these blogging tools? What’s your favorite?