Diesel + Foursquare: NYC Event This Saturday
Diesel USA Partners With Foursquare for the ultimate online-to-offline brand contest this Saturday in New York.
By now, many of you have seen or participated in Diesel’s FACES OF STUPID contest. Diesel’s full scale marketing campaign is comprised of a series of outdoor signage, twitter contests, blogger/brand partnerships and mobile apps sponsorships. The campaign’s been extremely effective for building brand awareness and driving sales.
Now Diesel’s taking their campaign to the next level with the fashion industry’s location-based social network of choice – Foursquare.
Until now, Foursquare has limited its “deal” capabilities to dining establishments, coffee shops and lounges. Recently, they began exploring retail partnerships when Foursquare partnered with Marc Jacobs during New York Fashion Week. Foursquare and Diesel are exploring how effectively location-based services can be used to drive online fans and customers offline into retail stores.
This Saturday kicks off the Diesel/Foursquare program at a Diesel Store in New York.
How To Get Your Diesel Foursquare Deal
- Every time a Foursquare user within 3 city blocks of the Diesel store “checks in”, they will be alerted to a “nearby deal.”
- The offer will say “Head over to the Diesel store to unlock your Foursquare deal”.
- Representatives from Iced Media (Diesel’s digital marketing agency) will be on hand at Diesel’s “Foursquare” check-in booth to award people with a special prize.
Can You Imagine Checking In From Exotic Locations?
Here’s where the program gets good:
- While they are in store, customers can pick up a BE STUPID sticker.
- Customers then return home and take a photo of sticker on their forehead.
- They then email the photo to BESTUPID@DIESELCONTEST.COM.
- Customers then receive an auto-reply with an entry form asking them to share their most STUPID story.
The prizes are crazy! In addition to the Diesel Foursquare deal, participants that go one step further and photograph themselves with the BE STUPID sticker can win of five trips!
- Swim with sharks off South Africa
- Ride a motorcycle across Europe
- Fly in zero gravity in Las Vegas
- Take a train through Mongolia
- Cut a record in Jamaica
I must say, DIESEL loves their customers!